Delivery driver's 911 call saves puppies from flames at a home in Florida
Lake City, Florida - Three puppies were saved from a burning house in Florida thanks to a delivery driver's 911 call.
An Amazon driver was delivering a package on Tuesday when she noticed smoke coming from a home in northeast Florida, per the Associated Press. The driver immediately called 911.
Firefighters arrived at the scene and were able to rescue the three puppies from the burning building. They revived the dogs, who had suffered from smoke inhalation.
According to the Columbia County Fire Rescue's Facebook post, the Amazon driver saved the day: "Thank you to the Amazon driver who noticed the smoke and called 911. Since the homeowner was not at home at the time, she saved the home and the puppies lives!"
The firefighting team also shared pictures of the round puppies being treated for smoke inhalation. The pups look a bit shocked, but seem to be doing okay overall.
According to the Facebook comments, the puppies are three Boston Terriers. Facebook users commented to wish the animals a speedy recovery and praise the quick thinking of the 911 caller.
One wrote: "Thank you for being at the right place and at the right time. I'm praying for a fast and complete recovery."
Firefighters did more than just save the doggos. They were also able to contain the fire to the room it started in.
Cover photo: screenshot: Facebook Columbia County Fire Rescue