Jay Leno suffers serious burns from car fire in his garage

Los Angeles, California - Former Tonight Show host Jay Leno sustained serious burns after a gasoline fire broke out in the star's garage.

Jay Leno reportedly sustained serious burns after a gasoline- fire broke out in his garage.
Jay Leno reportedly sustained serious burns after a gasoline- fire broke out in his garage.  © Alberto E. Rodriguez / GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA / Getty Images via AFP

On Monday, the stand-up comedian confirmed he's on the mend despite suffering serious facial burns after a gasoline fire erupted in his Los Angeles car garage.

TMZ first broke the news that Leno was hospitalized on Sunday after one of his cars reportedly burst into flames and left the comedian with burns on his face.

Leno was promptly taking to the Grossman Burn Center to be treated for his injuries.

The Bachelor: Zach Shallcross flips the script and sends a front-runner home in episode three
The Bachelor The Bachelor: Zach Shallcross flips the script and sends a front-runner home in episode three

The Jay Leno Show host addressed the incident via a statement to Variety where he assured fans that he's "okay" despite the scary accident.

"I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet."

People also reported that the stand-up comedian had to cancel his appearance at the Financial Brand Forum in Las Vegas due to a health issue.

"His family was not able to provide us very many details, but there was a very serious medical emergency that is preventing Jay from traveling," an email to the audience members read.

"All we know is that he is alive, so our prayers go out to him and his family tonight."

Here's to wishing the legendary comedian a speedy recovery!

Cover photo: Alberto E. Rodriguez / GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA / Getty Images via AFP

More on Celebrities: