Queen cancels virtual events due to Covid-19 symptoms
London, UK - Britain's Queen Elizabeth II has cancelled her planned virtual engagements after continuing to suffer from mild cold-like symptoms due to Covid-19, Buckingham Palace has announced.
The 95-year-old monarch tested positive for the coronavirus on Sunday, and had virtual audiences planned for Tuesday.
The Palace said she would still continue with light duties, but it understood further engagements over the coming week will be decided on nearer the time.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms she has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties."
Concern for the nation's longest-reigning sovereign will be at peak levels given her age, her Covid diagnosis and recent health scare.
She had initially stayed active, issuing a message of condolence to the Brazilian president over flooding in his country while self-isolating at Windsor Castle on Monday.
The Queen celebrated her Platinum Jubilee of 70 years on the throne on February 6. She is believed to be triple vaccinated but until recently had been on doctors' orders to rest and only undertake light duties since mid-October.
A run of major engagements was canceled as she secretly spent a night in hospital on October 20 undergoing preliminary tests.
Cover photo: IMAGO / i Images